Welcome!

This blog is to document my seemingly impossible, somewhat daunting, yet extremely exciting, journey to completing my first marathon. I invite you to keep track of my progress and cheer me on: I know I'll need your support!

Speaking of support... I am not taking on this adventure just for bragging rights or just to look better during beach season. I have pledged to raise money for St. Jude's Children Research Hospital. After some reading, I'm very excited to join their cause: they will not turn down cancer treatments for children of families who cannot afford it. I'm thrilled my fundraising efforts will go towards helping a child receive the proper care, to give them a fighting chance against a disease that has unfortunately, almost certainly, touched at least one person we know and care about.

Please visit my fundraising page to support in any way you can and keep on visiting my blog to nudge me off my couch and get on the trail! www.mystjudeheroes.org/funnytoes

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Capitolized dreams...

I was savvy enough with my phone camera at mile 20ish to capture the Capitol building.

The night before the big day I knew it was my last night of dreaming.  I would get to chase the dream down come morning. 

The entire run I was filled with pride as I was finally working toward the completion of my crazy goal. It took months of hard work and I was now capitolizing on my dreams. 

It felt so good!!


No comments:

Post a Comment